Tuesday 26 March 2013

I love you, my darlings

I haven't been here in a while.
I'm sorry. I am.
Sometimes i forget why i'm writing. For her.
But also for him, now.
I warn you now this won't seem real.
"You're crazy, Em," you'll say, "you're just a sad babyloss mama desperate for attention."
I tell you now this is the truth. I wouldn't believe it if i hadn't lived it.
But is true. Like a horror story i can't escape, every word is true.
...
...
A month ago (give or take a few days) i stood witness to my second death in 6 months.
He died. Mia's daddy. A car accident. He went quick, they said. He's at peace, they said. He's with his daughter, i said. Is it bad that I'm a little jealous? That he gets to be with her and i'm here, without them both? I am here alone, remembering both of them seems like too big a burden for my shoulders to bear.
I miss my Amelia, my Mia.
And i miss Cam, her daddy.
...
...
I saw her today. Well not really her. I'll never see her again. But, at dinner, the girl at the next table, with blonde braids, had Down Syndrome.
I wanted it to be her. I want the little girl in the resturant and the little girl in Churh and the little girl at the park to be her. I locked myself in the bathroom and cried.
I want my baby.
I should be buying her an Easter dress and putting bows in her hair. She should be sitting up and smiling. She should be smiling at me.
...
...
And so I sit here alone tonight. Believe my story, or don't. But its the truth, my truth.
I love you my darlings.

1 comment:

  1. Oh EMILY.

    I'm so so so terribly sorry about Cam. A car accident?

    So you're not going to believe me either...

    But last Tuesday, March 19, I ALSO had to relive the nightmare of someone close too me dying...Jeff's Mom passed away. It was unexpected. She WAS 77 with some health problems, but she died in her sleep.

    And I'm reliving everything. The mortuary. The funeral. Her dead body. I've seen it all.

    I'm tired. And I wish both of us would catch a break sometime soon. I really do. Because neither of us deserves this.

    ReplyDelete